Do you love what you do, want to shape our city and create real places? We are looking for talented Technical and Design staff. We offer competitive wages, attractive benefits and the team spirit only found in a small, nimble design studio. Apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST
As a Senior Technologist, you’ll mentor a talented and dedicated team of professionals ensuring production quality and construction methods are held to the highest standards. Using your honed production skills, you’ll prepare working and detail drawings while owning complex projects from start to finish. By joining the ZZap team you will be part of a fun, transparent and entrepreneurial organization that focuses on results and not a clock. You will be given the autonomy and resources needed to be successful and create the best results for your clients. This is an opportunity to work on exciting and creative projects that will shape a city for years to come. In return for the skillset and expertise you bring you will be given a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsibilities will include:
· Provide oversight and mentor production team on internal document quality control as well as coordinate with other external sub-consultant teams.
· Work on projects from rezoning to building permit stage including concept design, presentation drawings, renderings, design development and documentation.
· Offer building science and construction methodologies expertise to create innovative solutions to complex design challenges.
· Preparation of working drawings and detail drawings for all projects including drawings for tender, detailing, and construction documentation through to deliverables issued for development and building permit, using various drafting technologies.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you enjoy an open office environment with a team focused and collaborative culture. As a natural teacher and mentor, you appreciate passing your knowledge on to those that are striving to be the best technical professional they can be. And you also have the technical expertise and production skills to create amazing looking drawings.
· 10+ years of experience as an Architectural Technologist along with post-secondary education in a recognized technical or architectural program.
· In depth knowledge of the design process, building science and construction documentation required for a variety of building types including mixed-use residential and institutional.
· Demonstrated experience creating working and detail drawings and 3D models using Revit, Sketchup and AutoCAD.
· Proven experience mentoring and overseeing work of more junior staff ensuring accuracy and quality standards.
An artist who's always thinking about design, likes to get their hands dirty and can't turn it off! Licensed Architect (NSAA) with experience as a Integrated Design Team Leader and a passion for place-making.
Wanted: Senior Registered Architect
Registered Architect with min 5 years’ experience specializing in document production and consultant coordination. Candidate to have experience as a team leader in production management; understanding and can demonstrate how to efficiently manage staff resources within project mandates; and works with the Principals of the firm to develop and deploy the firm’s BIM protocols and drawing standards to each project; implementing the firms project management software.
You are passionate about the details and methodologies of how a building goes together and finds the ‘art’ in how a drawing is presented with a deep understanding of the Canadian and Nova Scotia Building Codes and a wide range of construction assemblies. Experience should include a variety of project types; from complex new buildings to renovations, including heritage restorations and mixed use commercial.
Specification writing experience is essential; working with our team of Senior Technologists and Architects to oversee the efficient integration of the specs and drawings into a harmonious set of contract documents.
Min Accreditation include: NSAA, CSC, LEED